Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Ricky Gervais' Entire Facebook Q&A-October 29th 2014



Q: Hi Ricky - have you ever eaten a sausage that has gone cold, and got that little bit of horrible white fat stuck to the bottom?

A: Is this some awful prison slang?

Q: Do you actually have Instagram because I posted a birthday message and you liked it but none of my friends believed it was you

Q: Do you shave your balls
A: Of course I don't, I have a butler.

Q: Do you like joe rogan? It seemed like you weren't getting on, when you were on Opie and Anthony.
A: Really? We got on great. Yeah, I really like him.

Q: Any chance of hosting the Golden Globe Awards again?
A: Never say never. :-)

Q: Just do the catchphrase!!
A: You 'avin' a laff?

Q: Who are your comedic inspirations?
A: Laurel and Hardy, Christopher Guest and real life

Q: What is your biggest 'wow' moment?
A:Probably winning my first Golden Globe award.

Q:Will you do anything more with Constantine?
A:I love that little guy.

Q:Who's your favourite philosopher?
A:Bertrand Russell. And Dolly Parton and Des'ree, of course.

Q:What's your favourite place in England?
A:London and Bath probably.

Q:What scares you?
A:Spiders and dying. In that order.

Q:What was your first job
A:Hyperactive child.

Q:Ricky, what's the meaning of life?
A:To enjoy it.

Q:Were you a funny kid? Like class clown?
A:I certainly thought so.

Q:HI Ricky, just wondering with all the hilarious outtakes how many scenes did not make it to the show? Thanks
A:I'd say 25% of all filming is ruined through laughing.

Q:The invention of Lying is my all time fave movie. Did you cowrite it? Brilliant
A:Thank you.

Q:What is your favouritest Australian animal?
A:They're all mental, in a good way, but I love wombats and platypuses.

Q:Night at the museum 3?
A:Good question. Yes.

Q:How's Robin? Has he developed a stutter?
A:No, but his hair's falling out fast.

Q:If you could give the human race one message, what would it be?
A:The Derek DVD is out now in Australia. Go forth and buy it.

Q:When is The Office movie scheduled for release??
A:2016.

Q:Ricky! Where do I start? Why are you an atheist?
A:The better question is "why isn't everyone?"  :-)

Q:Do you scare yourself sometimes?
A:Yeah, in dreams. I don't know why.

Q:Do you have a girlfriend Ricky?
A:Yes, her name is Jane and as you can see from my picture, she is a very lucky girl.

Q:What are the 39 steps?
A:I don't know but I'm taking the lift.

Q:Are you shy, quiet and reserved in real life? Are you acting?
A:I'm not shy but I'm quite private and I don't like crowds much.

Q:Mine is a statement, not a question....you are fucking awesome!!!  :-D
A:Mine is not an answer, it is just so people can see your statement.

Q:Which is the better biscuit, custard cream or bourbons?
A:Neither are great, but custard cream by far. Bourbons are awful. There, I said it.

Q:Do you answer questions in your " Q and A " sessions ?
A:No.

Q:What was it like to work with Gerard Kelly? Bunny was one of my favourite characters in Extras, and it's quite sad that he's passed away.
A:He was hilarious. All the time.

Q:How is writing the new stand up show.?When can we expect it?. I'm very much looking forward to it. Hopefully you tour Australia with it.
A:I have a bag full of notes but stand-up seems to be the thing that gets pushed back as new film and TV projects rear their heads


Q:How on earth you manage to be so super handsome all the time?
A:It's what baby Jesus wanted

Q:My daughter loves when you find things in your bellybutton!!
A:I found this today.
Q:Will there be a Derek season 3?
A:No, same as The Office and Extras... 2 series and a special.

Q:Hi Ricky. Could you please say hi to my two daughters Nicola and Sophie. (They stayed up)
A:Hello Nicola and Sophie.

Q:Are you going to make anymore of the office? X
A:Sort of. I'm writing a movie based around what David Brent is doing now. He's working as a rep but spending his hard-earned cash on touring with Foregone Conclusion to try to make it as a rock star.

Q:Watched Ghost Town on the weekend. Loved it. Xx
A:Cheers

Q:What inspires your comedy ?
A:Real life, with a twist.

Q:Hey Ricky! Are you ever going to do a comedy tour in Australia?
A:I'd love to come to Australia one day but I want to do it when I have enough time to really explore your beautiful nation.

Q:Hey Ricky!!! 
Just wondering what
your inspiration for Derek was? Did you find it hard to find a balance between
humor and life in the series? Do you see any future series ahead for Derek? 
Are there any projects on the horizon for yourself, Steve and Karl in
the future? 
Ps. Your work is hilarious and incredible – and even that is an
understatement!
A:The main inspiration came from the fact that most of the women in my family were and still are care workers. I'm about to film the special next month. Thanks for watching.

Q:Can't see any replies, hmmmm.

A:Refresh the page.























25 comments:

  1. Porpoise gettin fu@ked in head
    ----Did you hear or see those two male porpoises in New York 's sex history museum the one is fucking the other in the head just as you said on your show, hahaha, or maybe they added it after they heard you joke about God's 'misfit creatures' screwing same sex in every hole available.? ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I collected the rest of that book collection including "Jesus and the Cripple" you could do 2/3 hrs of bits on each of these f@kn books. Hahaha thier hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it.
    Buy Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so long ago I purchased series 1of Derek and I laughed out loud as well as shed some tears . Well had to have some more Derek so went out and got the second series and was again greatly satisfied in summation Derek is nothing short of a masterpiece. Brilliant script ,brilliant characters just fucken brilliant so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, can you help me. I want to start a worldwide campaign against the barbaric treatment that is "normal" in China against dogs. I wanted to stand with my six golden retrievers outside my local Chinese restaurant yesterday and highlight how China celebrates the summer solstice by "Yulin". I can't stand by anymore!! I was thinking of organising a world dog walk where dogs from all around the world marched on their Chinese Embassy to campaign against it. I am just "me", your voice would be much louder! Can you help? Cheers, Elaine Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched Derek Series back to back and read what critics have said about the show. I found both series very watchable - I loved the development and realism of the characters. People were shades of grey and not portrayed in as black or white - even Geoff. I find that very refreshing writing. The show had a gentle feel, both in its natural humour and storytelling. After having read the critics reviews, I really don't think they understood this series. I think that they had pigeon-holed Ricky into this writer who produced in-your-face material like his stand up shows (which I also love!) without realising Derek was something different and very special. Congratulations on a finely crafted show that made me laugh and grab a box of tissues occasionally (you bastard!). I'm up for a series 3.

    Regards,

    Keith Done, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mr Gervais, I used to live at 259 Wensley Road reading in the 1970 to 80 so I was round about 10, I used to knock about with a lad who had your surname thing he was called Alan any relation to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mr Gervais, I used to live at 259 Wensley Road reading in the 1970 to 80 so I was round about 10, I used to knock about with a lad who had your surname thing he was called Alan any relation to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mr. Ricky,
    Our whole community needs your help!!! In tears I must pronounce our whole entire county now has no animal rescues left!! An evil powerful man in our town made a store that hosted a cat rescue shut it down or he would run them out of business by redirecting customers and tour groups away from their store because there are cats inside!!! Who could be so heartless!! She saved and adopted out over 500 cats last year alone and the only haven for the kitties now is a high kill shelter which they commit death twice a week!!! She had four different litters of babies she had to turn down already and it eats us all up alive to think where they will be headed now!! The whole town is in an uproar but without funding and a space we have no options for these poor fur babies!!! This evil man cannot keep us down for long we pray!!! He also has a say so in what businesses can begin so we pray if we can get the funds and space he won't try to stop it from happening. Our town was named Americas Coolest Hometown but I do not know how now because the town is run by a heartless animal hater. I don't know what his title is but he should not hold power if he uses it to be cruel heartless and evil in his ways!! The lady did nothing wrong but use her own personal time love community and money to help helpless animals for the whole county. I feel maybe if someone with more power than he like the fabulously amazing Ricky Gervais voiced for her the town could turn this around and keep saving the animals!!! Thank you for all that you do!!!
    From Marion southwest Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mr. Ricky,
    Our whole community needs your help!!! In tears I must pronounce our whole entire county now has no animal rescues left!! An evil powerful man in our town made a store that hosted a cat rescue shut it down or he would run them out of business by redirecting customers and tour groups away from their store because there are cats inside!!! Who could be so heartless!! She saved and adopted out over 500 cats last year alone and the only haven for the kitties now is a high kill shelter which they commit death twice a week!!! She had four different litters of babies she had to turn down already and it eats us all up alive to think where they will be headed now!! The whole town is in an uproar but without funding and a space we have no options for these poor fur babies!!! This evil man cannot keep us down for long we pray!!! He also has a say so in what businesses can begin so we pray if we can get the funds and space he won't try to stop it from happening. Our town was named Americas Coolest Hometown but I do not know how now because the town is run by a heartless animal hater. I don't know what his title is but he should not hold power if he uses it to be cruel heartless and evil in his ways!! The lady did nothing wrong but use her own personal time love community and money to help helpless animals for the whole county. I feel maybe if someone with more power than he like the fabulously amazing Ricky Gervais voiced for her the town could turn this around and keep saving the animals!!! Thank you for all that you do!!!
    From Marion southwest Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to see a show set in the Australian Outback that follows around a group of "professionals" who work for a Steve Erwin type of high octane boss and follows them as they attempt to "rescue" deadly animals and fail constantly and miserably. They would be like an animal rescue response team and we can milk the shit out of it by sending them to Africa and such on conservation causes.. do you get it though? like a Reno 911 / The Office..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your show, Derek, is one of the best I have ever seen. So humane, tender, funny, bizarre, but full of the goodness of life and the humility of people. If a third season or more ever come, they will be a blessing and comfort like the first two. Thank you for your humor and honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ricky. Loving you new film �� However the reason why I'm posting on here is rather a sad one. As a fellow animal lover I would like to bring to your attention the tragic story of Caleb. The beautiful 3 month old puppy, who sadly passed away last weekend due to the horrendous cruelty and torture he suffered. There is a campaign on Facebook #JusticeforCaleb. Please, please, please check it out. Keep up the good work. Love you man xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gidday, just watched an interview in which you discussed Trump and future plans amongst other things. Wonder if you might consider a political character? B'Stard's been done, but maybe a British version of Trump? You'd do a great lefty unionist but that'd be too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God loves atheists, weed, hot chicks and queers,....but no fatties,ricky...or trumpeturds, https://youtu.be/qAC8jgDhxpU

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Ricky when you gonna step up and take the reigns of Christopher hitchens

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi ricki. just watched Ghost Town and cried! i hope to see you and Greg together for another movie. Ricki im an animal advocate involved in a new film and we need backers for our documentary (in production) on the DMT. www.dogwarfilm.com ... Would LOVE your support. PLEASE and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I doubt Ricky will see this but his website is in dire need of fixing. Just look at the page
    http://www.rickygervais.com/uncut.php
    and see how hacker-friendly it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ricky, been a big big fan for a long time. Love your comedy specials in particular...
    I'm unabashedly now going to ask for your help. My husband and 13 year old daughter are keen to move from the UK to the States and we are desperate to bring our 10 year old female tabby cat Tips with us. We've had her since she was a kitten! I have looked and looked at the options and there don't seem to be any that would allow to easily travel in the cabin with her...except if we were to charter a private jet - which is where you come in. We would be looking to go from any airport w/in the UK to the eastern seaboard (NY/Newark/Philly) to settle in Center Valley PA with my brother and his family. We are heartbroken at the idea of travelling separate from her and the idea of leaving her behind is out of the question. You would make us the happiest people in the world if you would help us. Please get in touch with me by email at heidityson777@yahoo.C O M. Thank you for your indulgence and really I'm not crazy (well...) just desperate enough to explore any and every option to get our lovely kitty to the States safely and comfortably with us, even if it means debasing myself to minted strangers who have a soft spot for animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So wish you were single we could run away and just be LOL ok not run I need to breath LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. الموضوع بخصوص أزمة فيروس كورونة العالمية corona virus

    ربما يوجد حل ل هده المشكلة اقرءواالفيديو إلى الاخر الموجود في هذه الرسالة و فهم خطابها

    السلام عليكم هل من مساعدة إلى اصال هذه الرسالة الى مكانها او إعادة برمجتها لتكون احسن
    ارسل هذه الرسالة ال السيد الوزير ربما يجد فيها الجواب الدي يبحث عنه المنزل من السماءSend this letter Mr. Minister maybe the answer to the honest looking for the house of heavenهدا الفيديو ربما فيه حل لمشكلة وباء كورونا بخصوص اكتشاف لقاح لالوباء اسمعوا له و انشروه لكي يصل لمن يهمه الأمر
    ابعث هده الرسالة الى من يهمه الأمر في إيطاليا ربما يجد فيه مخرجا
    https://youtu.be/4RmuceLkig8

    ReplyDelete
  24. I lost my husband 3 years ago. I found after life and was so angry that your show hot so many of my daily struggles. I just discovered Derek. I don't know where your pov comes from but you continually touch my life. Rickey is my late husbands name. I don't expect to hear from you but hope you read this and know you've effected my struggles.

    ReplyDelete